The South Tacoma Business District has Deep Roots!
A large sign makes it adamantly clear that Tacoma City Light did not pay for the electricity used for the outdoor Christmas street decorations in the South Tacoma business district in December of 1952.
The South Tacoma Business Club paid for the private power.
Crouching next to a portable high voltage generator are Steve Pease and C.A. Erdahl, commissioner of public utilities. Standing on the truck are Bill Brown and Herb Ford. The club president, W.D. McDougal, is in the foreground.
(TNT 12-21-52, D-13) TPL-8110 - Collection: Richards Studio Collection Series: 71758-A
More coming soon - The pictures below are just placeholders for this page.